Nerve Pain in Foot
Specialist treatment for trapped and damaged nerves and nerve pain in the foot is available from Masucci Podiatry, London & Surrey.
Nerve damage in the foot, nerve pain in the foot and/or a trapped nerve in the toes can occur in different parts of the foot. Often there is a shooting or burning pain in the affected foot which can occur when walking or sitting down.
What causes nerve pain or nerve damage in the feet?
- Badly fitting footwear.
- Medical history eg diabetes, heavy drinking of alcohol.
Why is nerve pain or nerve damage so painful and what happens if it is not treated?
- It is a sharp pain due to the pressure on the nerve placed on the foot.
- If left untreated, the pain will continue and the foot will swell up.
How can you treat a trapped nerve?
- After diagnosis, the treatment programme may include pain relief and/or orthotics.
- If conservative treatment is not appropriate, surgery may be necessary or a series of food exercises.
What happens during surgery?
- The procedure will be under a long acting anaesthetic within a treatment room or Hospital Theatre.
Will nerve pain return?
- There may be a situation where nerve pain may return due to intractable nerve pain.
Can I claim on my health insurance?
- Masucci Podiatry is recognised by all the major health insurers. Whilst we will always answer your questions to the best of our ability, clients should be aware of the terms of their health insurance policy before coming to the first appointment with us.
Contact us for the relevant health insurance codes.